Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting to write six pages about my favorite book, Eat, Pray, Love?

yes please.

time to inspire my teacher with elizabeth gilbert's oh-so-quotable quotes, inspiring actions, and can do attitude. in the world of jodi picoult and nicholas sparks novels, filled with sad endings, dead parents, lost loves, and other sad things, it is incredibly refreshing to read a novel where someone acknowledges their problems, and actively works to solve these problems and to make their own life better. not without a little self-indulgence, of course. bring on the gelato and brazilian lovers! ;)

speaking of love.....



this little lady got me thinking today as she wandered into my bedroom and curled up in my closet that was half open, and proceeded to fall asleep. A couple of minutes later, I could hear her tiny snores emitting from behind the wooden door. I laughed, but then proceeded to think of the thirteen wonderful years that my caramel ball of fur has been with me. she has been there with me since first grade, where i would dress up in my mom's slip and my sun hat, dancing around holding my little kitten, asking my mom to snap photos of my best friend and I. when I had snarky friends in elementary school, I knew there was always someone at home waiting for me, who would sit on my lap while i did multiplication tables and talked on the phone. When my parents got divorced, she didn't mind when I pressed my face into her fur to cry, even though she hates water. when I was up until 11 or 12 at night doing homework in high school, I know she'd wait for me to finish my homework and turn out my light before she fell asleep. she's been with me through elementary, junior high, high school, through crushes, best friends, trends, weight fluctuations, and family issues. is it so wrong to love a cat as much as i do? i hope not.

xoxo

1 comment:

Jilj said...

I am sobbing right now. I got Blackie when I was three and he has been there for me just as much, if not more than, any person in my life has. Being separated from him is really, really hard.

So yes, it's ok to love a cat that much :)